Friday, November 9, 2007

The Scent of Lavender

Well today brought me a wonderful surprise. I had a rather tiring day at work today filled with aggravation and irritation. I was so glad to walk out of there for the long weekend. My sister, brother-in-law and their two girls are spending the weekend with me and Jamie so that gave me a little something to look forward to on the drive home. The icing on the cake was seeing a package waiting for me at the front door. My Maudie Malcom Cannas and white Siberian Iris made it from Oklahoma today. She also sent Hyacinth Bean seeds, 'Raspberry Wine' Monarda and something else that I haven't identified yet, so it was indeed a wonderful trade. Below I've placed some picture from the garden for you. It's Lavender, but I'm uncertain of what type. If you happen to recognize it please leave me a comment so I can give it a proper name.

Lavender Spike





Lavender Foliage




Un-opened Lavender




Lavender Bloom Macro

No comments: