Those of you that have been reading the blog for a while will remember a project Jamie and I did in September of 2008. It was an arbor and garden wall. Well, it’s filling in nicely with Confederate Jasmine and I thought I would show you a couple of pictures of how it’s looking now. Incidentally, how we made this wall was the first article I had published in a magazine. It was like a wish coming true for me, photography and writing, two of my favorite things and I got paid for it!
This wall is much larger than it looks in the photo; the width of the arbor is over four feet.
After the trellises were built on each side we added window openings for extra interest. We thought they would nicely frame parts of the garden when you look thru them. You can tell by this photo it does the job well. The great part is you get a different view thru the windows when you stand in different areas. They seem to frame several things in the garden.
We'll take a look again in another year, it should be nice and full at that point. :-) By that point maybe there will be more work done on the little courtyard that is going to be put in front of the wall.