Sunday, July 4, 2010

Crocosmia 'Firefly'


What says summer better than fireflies? This is Crocosmia ‘Firefly’.

Firefly3



Firefly2



Firefly1


I have all these bulbs and I just can’t bring myself to throw them out in the trash. BTW this is only about half of them I got tired of snipping off the top and the rest are still in a trash bag. I’ll be thinning out three other areas soon. I thought maybe you guys might be able to help me figure out what to do with them. *wink* I wouldn’t think they would produce much nectar, but the humming birds seem to love them.

Pile


If I have time, I’ll snip off the tops of the rest of them, if not I may just have to let them go out by the road. If I could find homes for the ones I have cleaned up at least that would be better than throwing them all away, right?

Bulbs

11 comments:

F Cameron said...

That's a lovely crocosmia and the hummingbirds do love them.

My garden has been taken over by Lucifer, so I can't adopt anymore! :-)

Have a Happy 4th!

Antique ART Garden said...

Beautiful pictures as usual ! take care, Gina

Mary said...

OOH! Those are soo pretty! I'll take them off your hands!

Chandramouli S said...

The blooms look lovely! Wish I could pick some of those bulbs off the monitor...

Gary said...

Randy, As always the pictures are outstanding. Hope you guys had a great 4th. - G

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

You know I have a thing for orange, so I love these. They're not hardy in my zone though and I'd just end up leaving in the ground and letting the frost kill them, so a "better mother" should adopt them!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Randy! I always love to see your garden

Darla said...

you still have my address? lol

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Throw some of those beauties my way. I would love to have them.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

In my excitement I forgot to say PLEASE.

Southern Lady said...

They are absolutely lovely. Carla